I appreciate your financial support of Soul Motivation Yoga Studio. All donations will be used to fulfill our mission of a safe place for students to explore a relationship with God through the practice of yoga. Thank you again!
At Soul Motivation Yoga Studio, we keep the room warm! What does that mean? We start at 78 degrees and things heat up as you heat up (to approximately 83 degrees). Why do we keep it warm? Heat removes the toxins from your body and promotes circulation and vitality. Heat increases blood flow to your muscles, reducing your chance of injury as you become more flexible.
We want you to stay hydrated. Before class, drink up with water, diluted juices or your favorite electrolyte drink! During class, if you are feeling dizzy, Child’s Pose is a great way to maintain your focus. After class, keep up with your hydration!
Preparing Yourself for Class – Tips and Etiquette
- Make it a part of your Yoga practice to arrive early. Getting to class 15 minutes early gives you time to sign in at the front desk, relax, enter the Yoga studio and prepare to practice. We understand that situations occur; however, arriving late to class can be disruptive to others. If you come late, please prepare yourself for class at the door and have your mat ready to unroll quietly as you enter the room. We will keep the doors open only 10 minutes after class starts. No students will be admitted after 10 minutes.
- There are no bags or personal belongings allowed on the practice floor. Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Help us keep the studio clean!
- Please turn off cell phones before entering the studio– all the way off! We can hear it vibrating during class. There are absolutely no cell phones or other mobile devices permitted in the practice room.
- Bring a mat, towel, and water to class. Read class descriptions and take the class that’s appropriate for your level of experience. You will enjoy your class more and maximize its benefits.
- Tell your teacher about any injuries or special health conditions that might affect your practice. We can suggest modifications and help you enjoy your practice more.
- Practice good hygiene and avoid wearing scents.
- Keep your gear fresh and clean. From your Yoga clothing to your mat, etc., regular cleaning is appreciated. Writing your name on your mat will help you identify it if you lose it or forget it in the studio.
- Wipe up your sweat (if any). After class, pick up and neatly put away blocks and straps.
- Please avoid leaving early! Savasana is essential to your practice. If you must leave before class ends, place your mat near the door, let the instructor know, allow yourself a few minutes in Savasana to seal in the benefits of your shortened practice, please leave quietly and prior to the final relaxation.
- The most important thing…enjoy yourself and have fun with your yoga practice!